Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 25 -- Play a Little Football

The count down to Thanksgiving has begun and today we play a little football. It is a tough game. And playing it as a girl with a bunch of guys is even harder. But at the tender age of twelve it was no sweat. I could knock them down just like they could knock me down. I had their respect and their friendship. I couldn't say the same for the girls in the neighborhood. To them I was a freak and they just couldn't be my friend. That was when I knew I marched to a different drummer. Through out the rest of my life I stepped into one mud puddle after another. I was a library geek and an arts and crafts addict. I finally focused that football player into writing. This month I have been knocked down over and over but I keep getting back up and getting back into the game. I have the ball clutched close to my heart and I am running with it. I will fumble and drop it but the next time I get it you better stay out of my way. I'm going for the touchdown. 17,609

No comments: