Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 17 -- Mind Boggling

I'm not sure what happened but you could call it "seeing the light " well
something like that happened today. I was feeling sorry for myself and my dismal showing on my work count and decided to mess around a little longer this morning and check out the procrastination station at the official WriMo site. I began to read all the posts about how all those people either just started or about how far behind they were and all the reasons for it. I started laughing, thinking about how well I would fit in with that group and realized I didn't want to fit in. So this morning I started writing again and after about an hour it was just pouring out of me. It's still a very messed up bag of words but they are there on the page until I cut them up, rearrange them and spit some out in the next phase of this unofficial writing challenge "the edits." But I have to finish the story so I can have something to edit. So back to the rock pile and no more slacking off.

No comments: