Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to Wednesday

Welcome to Wednesday, sometimes called Hump Day. It is the day for overcoming hurdles or making it past the middle of something. I have a lot of the same feelings about this day only mine extent into the half empty part of the hump. By Wednesday I’m thinking over all the things that didn’t get done this week and all the missed opportunities to write or even participate in life outside my own little world. So Thursday and Friday are my power days. I work hard to catch up and then on Saturdays and Sundays I start over.

WRITING: I spent a lot of time this weekend working on research for the novel I am working on. I love doing research. If given the chance to make a living doing research I would probably jump for it. Since that is not going to happen I have to stop myself at some point and get to the business of the actual writing. For the book I am working on now I am pretty much finished with the research. Maybe a little more down the line will be needed. So I should be writing right now. Working on the next pages for chapter one. The goal, finish chapter one by next Friday (4000). I want to finish 10,000 by the end of the month.

DIET: Still working on making small changes. This week we moved to 100 percent whole wheat bread to go with the whole wheat pasta. Non-fat yogurt and non-fat milk will be added at the grocery store trip this week. Still working on the adding of more fruit and veggies’. The bread, yogurt, milk will be easy. For me the fruit and veggies’ will be the hardest.

EXERCISE: Keeping to the schedule this week so far. I have these wonderful workout tapes I bought many years ago that were from a popular workout show in the 90’s. The reason why they are so good is because when they made the recordings of the 30 minute show they took out the commercials and so each segment is only 20 minutes long and there are three segments on each tape. I bought seven tapes. I can watch a new one each time for months. I can do this and I did yesterday morning. I will workout again tomorrow. Next week I will do the tape three days and stick with that schedule for awhile. Each day in between I am doing stretches and sit-up. I’ve lost 1 pound since Saturday. Still better than nothing.

No comments: