Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Biggest Dream Ever

If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time. Marcel Proust In two days time I begin the biggest dream I have ever had. After nine years of writing as a beginner I have desided it is time to take the big leap. I signed up for the NaNoWriMo contest. A personal contest with the demon inside me. A true struggle within myself to see which of my inner personalities comes out on top. Can I make it to the end without giving up? Can I really write 50,000 words in 30 days? On that last day will there be a true novel waiting for the evils of editing? Only I can answer those questions and day one starts with a word count of over 1500. For today I start with the prep work. Clean everything off my desk that could distract me in any way. Fresh notebooks and a short outline of possiblities. A clean space for my cups of coffee and a dish to put a personal stash of halloween candy.

No comments: